I’ve only recently gotten back into fishing. I grew up in Georgia and loved fishing with my Dad on freshwater lakes, catching crappie, blue gill, and the occasional bass. Now that I’m older, and live in Maryland, I can afford a boat and getting out on lakes and the Chesapeake Bay. I foresee a lot more fish recipes in this here blog in the near future 🙂
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup beer (I used Coors Light)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups olive oil
- 1-3 lbs fish filets
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- Mix in beer.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Coat fish in batter, and submerge in hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 4-6 minutes.